Expertise in Trusts and Asset Protection
We have extensive experience assisting high net worth individuals and families in preserving their personal wealth through sophisticated trusts, asset protection from creditors, and family limited partnerships.
We help our clients design lifetime gifting strategies and comprehensive and flexible estate plans so that they can achieve their personal and family objectives through the tax-efficient transfer of assets, with individually tailored gift and estate planning techniques and instruments, including the use of:
- Living Trusts and other estate planning documents
- Qualified Terminable Interest Property and Trusts and Bypass Trusts
- GST Tax Protected Dynasty Trusts
- Minor’s and Crummey Trusts
- Educational Savings Options, including Section 529 Plans
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs)
- Charitable Giving, including Charitable Lead Trusts and Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Qualified Conservation Easements
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
- Asset Protection Trusts
- Installment Sales to Defective Grantor Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies
- Entity Valuations
- Private Foundations and other Exempt Organizations
- Estate Liquidity Planning
As part of each estate plan, we consider the impact of federal income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes on the transmission of wealth. We also understand that tax savings, while important, are often a secondary priority for our clients as they decide how and when to transfer assets to their family members and other beneficiaries.
Clients Focused. Results Driven.